BASF has launched an educational Web site, SoybeanRustInfo.com-- to provide the latest information on Asian soybean rust, a potentially devastating disease.
“Perhaps the most important thing growers and others in the soybean industry can do to prepare for the threat of soybean rust is to educate themselves,” said Gary Fellows, technical marketing manager for soybeans at BASF. “SoybeanRustInfo.com provides the most comprehensive information available, from disease history to detection to control measures.”
Visitors to SoybeanRustInfo.com will find:
- An overview of soybean rust and the threat it presents to the industry.
- An image gallery showing disease symptoms and damage in Brazilian fields.
- Informative articles from leading soybean publications and universities.
- Practical tips for scouting fields and identifying soybean rust.
- Links to key government and industry Web sites.
- A map detailing the worldwide spread of soybean rust.