RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC, December 9, 2009 – BASF announced today that it has launched a special section of its Web site dedicated solely to offering in-depth information on seed protection for seed industry professionals.
“BASF is one of the world’s leading seed treatment producers and trusted by growers, seed retailers and seed companies,” said Craig Lindholm, Marketing Manager at BASF. “As we continue to broaden our role as a leader in seed treatment, we want to make sure that providing seed treatment information about topics and trends is part of our growth.”
Web site Features and Functions
The new Web site, www.seedtreatmentsource.com, will specifically feature information on BASF’s seed industry partnerships, seed treatment news, seed treatment recommendations and sneak peeks at upcoming seed treatment solutions in the BASF product pipeline. Seed industry professionals can also find information at the BASF SeedSolutions global Web site: target="_blank">http://www.agro.basf.com/agr/seed-solutions/en/.
“The Web site will allow visitors to find customized seed treatment recommendations based on their crop, seed or seedling issue, and location,” said Lindholm. “This function means users can be confident that any product recommended from BASF SeedSolutions was based on a specific need and challenge to provide the best protection possible.”
BASF SeedSolutions Portfolio
BASF offers a variety of innovative solutions to help growers get the most out of every acre. In addition to its powerful research and development facilities for fungicides, insecticides and herbicides, BASF has brought its expertise and resources to the area of seed treatments and made significant investments in seed treatment research and development in the past few years.
BASF has a solid seed treatment product offering today and a strong pipeline for the future. With 11 new products in the pipeline for delivery by the end of 2012, BASF is committed to providing complete seed treatment solutions. New-generation formulation technology by BASF is yielding new active ingredients and new combinations for the broadest protection of your seeds and seedlings.
The BASF SeedSolutions portfolio includes:
- Stamina™ fungicide seed treatment that offers outstanding protection including enhanced seedling vitality and innovative technology, thus fulfilling the needs of both growers and seed industry partners.
- Charter® fungicide seed treatment formulations (wheat and barley) helps produce healthier seedlings, increased tolerance to early stress, and excellent control of key diseases that impact cereal product and crop seed safety.
- Acquire® fungicide seed treatment, used in combination with other BASF fungicides, provides broad protection against Pythium species and will help maximize yields by protecting seedlings from disease and stress threats.
- Coronet® fungicide seed treatment helps maximize yield potential of vegetables by controlling key seed and seedling disease from the start with two modes of action: F500® and boscalid. The launch of Coronet introduces a new class of chemistry to the seed treatment market with the introduction of boscalid, from the carboxamide family of chemistry, and pyraclostrobin.
- AXCESS™ insecticide seed treatments help protect the young seedling from many sucking and chewing insects. The active ingredient, imidacloprid is a leading insecticide for cereal grains and many other crops.