- Harvest results of NK® brand soybeans reveal superior yield despite drought in the 2012 season
- Yield comparisons show NK soybean varieties are top-performers against competitors
- A newly enhanced website offering soybean and corn results from the 2011 and 2012 growing seasons has been launched at www.SyngentaSeeds.com
MINNETONKA, Minn., USA, January 8, 2013 – While the 2012 growing season may have seemed like an endless series of challenges, it also provided an opportunity to see which soybean seed brand could still perform at a superior level despite adverse conditions. After gathering data from different geographies across the country, NK brand soybeans proved to be a top contender in maximizing yield. To showcase the consistent performance, Syngenta has released the national yield results of NK soybean varieties from the 2012 growing season.
Positive yield results across the country show the effectiveness and reliability of NK soybeans, which are designed to perform in a wide range of growing conditions.
National yield results* include:
- S39-U2 brand beat DuPont Pioneer** 72 percent of the time, by an average of 4.3 bushels acre yield advantage.
- S34-N3 brand won 75 percent of the time versus DuPont Pioneer** with an average advantage of 3.6 bushels per acre.
- S29-V2 brand provided a 3.9 bushel per acre yield advantage versus DuPont Pioneer** and a 78 percent win rate.
- S39-U2 brand had a winning margin of 2.8 bushels per acre versus Asgrow®**and won 70 percent of its comparisons.
- S49-F8 brand beat Asgrow** 61 percent of the time by 2.7 bushels per acre.
*Source:iYield Field Evaluation Trials in 2012. Average yield advantage is from all comparisons, win or lose.
**Average of all varieties in the trial.
“Growers across the nation faced some extreme challenges this growing season, but at the end of the season, soybean yields were better than what was anticipated,” said Doug Tigges, soybean product manager, Syngenta. “Growers measure the success of their crop based on the varieties they planted, and NK soybeans had an excellent year.”
Local data for NK soybeans and Syngenta corn seed brands are now available at www.SyngentaSeeds.com. The newly enhanced website provides comprehensive yield results for both soybeans and corn from the 2011 and 2012 growing seasons. Results may be searched by state or geography, year, brand, and variety or hybrid.
The website serves as a centralized location for growers to find Syngenta genetics and traits portfolios, along with information about variety selections best suited to their area.
NK soybeans are available through local Garst or Golden Harvest dealers, or an NK retailer.
Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 26,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Through world-class science, global reach and commitment to our customers we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life. For more information about us please go to www.syngenta.com.