What is in this article?:
- Spring Flooding Underway, Expected to Worsen Through April
- Causes for Spring Flooding
- Other aspects of the U.S. spring outlook for April through June include:
Other aspects of the U.S. spring outlook for April through June include:
- Temperature: Odds favor above-average temperatures in much of the southern half of the U.S., and below-average temperatures from the Pacific Northwest to the northern plains.
- Precipitation: Odds favor drier-than-average conditions from south Florida and along the Gulf Coast through Texas and into the Southwest. Wetter-than-average conditions are favored across parts of the northern plains.
- Drought: From the Southwest, across the South and northward to the mid-Atlantic, drought has been spreading and deepening since the winter and is forecast to persist in spring. Wildfires will be an increasing threat, especially when humidity is low and when winds are high.