What is in this article?:
- Will There be Enough Corn to Last Until the Next Harvest?
- Rationing for the rest of the year
- Corn exports
Rationing for the rest of the year
Wisner expresses concern about the need for rationing corn for feed throughout the balance of the marketing year.
- If feed use is up for the second quarter, then use will have to be down 49% for the last two quarters compared to year earlier numbers, which he says has crisis implications for livestock producers and will create stress on the ethanol industry.
- If feed use is up for the second quarter by only 2%, then the feed use of corn for the balance of the marketing year will have to be down only 28% than year-earlier numbers, which would still bring stress on all corn users.
- If feed use for the second quarter is down by 9% from year earlier numbers, then there would only need to be a 15% reduction for the balance of the year, which will still mean a major challenge for all users of corn.