BROOKFIELD, Wis. - January 14, 2008 - The readers of No-Till Farmer have weighed in on the products that performed the best in their no-till operations in 2007, citing YieldGard VT Triple insect protection as the "No-Till Product of the Year."
In addition to the Product of the Year award, no-till products in 10 specific categories were also selected for outstanding performance. Each of the products and their manufacturers were honored during an awards ceremony before an estimated 800 no-tillers at the 16th annual National No-Tillage Conference in Cincinnati on Friday.
Following are the 2007 award winners by category:
* No-Till Product of the Year: YieldGard VT Triple, Monsanto.
* Equipment: Early Riser Planters, Case IH
* Planter/Drill Attachments: Keeton Seed Firmer, Precision Planting
* Strip-Till: Blu-Jet Strip-Till Unit, Thurston Manufacturing
* Spraying: Turbo TeeJet Tips, TeeJet
* Residue Management: The Spreader, The Spreader Inc.
* Fertility: Agrotain, Agrotain International
* Insect Protection: Herculex, Dow AgroSciences/Pioneer Hi-Bred
* Herbicides: Liberty/Liberty Link, Bayer CropScience
* Fungicides: Headline, BASF
* Seed Treatment: Poncho, Bayer CropScience
"No-tillers, by nature, are quite innovative, and they put a lot of emphasis on seeking ways to be better farmers. It's quite significant for these companies, whose products have been selected as the best of the best for 2007 by our knowledgeable readers, to be recognized as technology leaders," says Darrell Bruggink, managing editor and publisher of No-Till Farmer and the Conservation Tillage Product Guide.
A call for nominations for the 2008 program, as well as voting, will be announced later this year, Bruggink says. The 2008 Product of the Year award winners will be announced during the 17th annual National No-Tillage Conference from Jan. 14-17, 2009, in Indianapolis, Ind.
To learn more about the No-Till Product of the Year program or the National No-Tillage Conference, call Bruggink at 262.782.4480, ext. 420 or e-mail email@example.com.