Mycogen Seeds has announced its 2009 grain corn lineup, which includes 27 new hybrids.
“The new MYCOGEN brand grain corn hybrids are built with high-yielding genetics and the latest yield protection technology, so they will perform strong from the start and provide higher yields come harvest time,” says Dave Schumacher, grain corn marketing specialist, Mycogen Seeds. “Rigorous testing in on-farm research plots and head-to-head trials assures growers that the new hybrids will perform well in the field.”
New products are available in many different relative maturities, including the following:
• A competitive performer in a wide variety of environments and production systems, 2J337 offers a very strong agronomic package including stalk and root strength, fall health and stress tolerance. It features top-end yield potential combined with yield stability. This hybrid features YieldGard VT Triple™ and Roundup Ready traits.
• A 99-day hybrid, 2A499 has hard-textured grain and an above-average test weight. The tall, very attractive hybrid offers consistent yields, excellent staygreen and good northern corn leaf blight tolerance. It comes stacked with HERCULEX XTRA for unmatched insect protection, LibertyLink and Roundup Ready technology.
• A 105-day hybrid, 2W587 offers high potential in favorable growing environments. The moderately tall hybrid has a bushy upper canopy with very good staygreen and general plant health. This hybrid has a broad east-to-west adaptation and includes the HERCULEX XTRA, LibertyLink and Roundup Ready trait stack.
• Tall and attractive, 2K662 is a 108-day hybrid that produces large girthy ears with deep kernels and excellent top-end yield potential. It offers solid stalks and roots, and a good late-season appearance. Widely adapted east to west, it offers good tolerance to gray leaf spot. It is stacked with HERCULEX XTRA Insect Protection, LibertyLink and Roundup Ready traits.
• Excellent stalk strength, general plant health and staygreen characterize 2W705. This 111-day hybrid shows strong east and central performance (particularly in Iowa and Illinois). Traits include HERCULEX XTRA, LibertyLink and Roundup Ready.
• With high yields and outstanding grain quality, 2Y739 will appear on many food grade milling lists. The 113-day hybrid is widely adapted from east to west across the central Corn Belt. It performs best at medium to medium-high plant densities and is stacked with HERCULEX® XTRA Insect Protection, LibertyLink and Roundup Ready traits.
• Hybrid 2V732 combines high yield and excellent yield stability. Widely adapted east to west and moves north and south well within its area of adaptation. Has the potential to become a co-anchor with the 2T780 family in the 113- to 114-day lineup. This hybrid also features YieldGard VT Triple and Roundup Ready traits.
MYCOGEN brand hybrids are constructed using elite genetics and only the best characteristics to perform strong right from the start and stand up to even the toughest conditions. To make sure growers can count on strong yields, hybrids are rigorously tested all across the Corn Belt.
In total, the MYCOGEN brand grain corn lineup consists of 87 hybrids with a wide range of relative maturities, agronomic characteristics and stacked trait technologies.
“Mycogen Seeds is committed to our growers,” Schumacher concludes. “Our grain corn hybrids are backed by solid research, extensively field-tested and built for higher yield performance and bigger harvests.”
For more information about these new grain corn hybrids or other MYCOGEN brand products, contact your local Mycogen Seeds dealer or sales representative, or visit www.mycogen.com.