What is in this article?:
- Soyfoods Hit the Mark for Health
- SOY TURKEY CHILI
SOY TURKEY CHILI
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 cups texturized soy protein (TSP)
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 3 cups green peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soybean oil (vegetable oil)
- 10 ounces canned diced tomatoes, including liquid
- 1 1/2 quarts canned tomato sauce
- 4 ounces canned green chilies, diced (1/2 cup)
- 5/16 cup chili powder (adjust amount to your liking)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno peppers, minced
- 3 quarts water
In a large bowl, pour bowling water over soy protein.
In a 14-quart pot, sauté turkey, onions, peppers and garlic in oil over medium high heat until turkey is no longer pink.
Add rehydrated soy protein and remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
Serve with assorted condiments such as shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, yogurt, sour cream or minced onion.
Nutrition information per serving: 97 calories, 16.0 g protein, 7.5 g carbohydrates, 1.3 mg fat, 27 mg cholesterol, 144 g sodium, 3.1 g dietary fiber
(Recipe from: www.soyconnection.com)
Look for more soyfoods recipes at http://www.soyconnection.com.