Watch seed treatment drift that poses springtime danger to pollinators.
What is in this article?:
- Bee Threat at Planting
- Bee friendly during planting
Bee friendly during planting
- Follow manufacturer recommendations for using talc or graphite and avoid using more than recommended.
- Avoid adding excess dust from the bottom of the seed container to the planter.
- Minimize off-site dust movement from treated seeds.
- Stay alert to wind speed and direction, particularly near flowering crops which could attract pollinators.
- Incorporate treated seed into the soil at proper depths, especially at row ends and field corners.
- Clean planters and seed boxes away from environmentally sensitive areas that might attract pollinators.
For more tips on good seed treatment management, download a pdf.